Terms and Conditions
English Rose is the owner and the licensee of all intellectual property rights contained on this Website and in the material published on it. You must not use any part of the materials on this Website for commercial purposes. No part of this Website may be reproduced or republished online or offline without our prior written permission. If you breach these terms, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. All rights are reserved.
Patterns and products
All of our patterns and designs (both digital and printed versions) are for your personal use only, not for commercial use. You are not permitted to copy, reproduce, modify, distribute or publish our charts, or stitch our designs for sale.
When placing your order, please give us your name, e-mail address and payment details. Without this information we will not be able to process your request or notify you of acceptance of your order. A contact telephone number is also requested so that we may reach you if there is a problem with your order.
Once your order has been dispatched, the completion of the contract between English Rose and yourself takes place.
If there are any problems with your order, we will contact you by email or by phone. We reserve the right to reject any offer of purchase by you at any time. We cannot fulfill any obligations due to the following reasons:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock;
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment;
- The identification of a pricing or product description error;
- Customers who fail to reach any order criteria set out in the terms and conditions.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure but, in the absence of negligence on our part, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
Contracts for the purchase of goods or services through our Website shall be governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such contracts shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Payment for all orders is at point of sale and not at point of dispatch. All payments are securely processed through PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to complete a transaction – you can pay for your order using a credit or debit card.
The total cost of your order is the price of the products ordered plus delivery. All prices are in British Pounds Sterling (GBP) and are inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT), where applicable, at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. PayPal will automatically convert international payments into your national currency at checkout.
You confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is yours. Credit/debit cardholders may be subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment account or card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
To be eligible to purchase products on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Website under English law you must:
- Register by providing your real name, phone number, e-mail address, payment details and other requested information;
- Be over 18 years of age;
- Stipulate a delivery address in the United Kingdom (PO box numbers, hotels and accommodation addresses are not acceptable);
- Possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank accept able to us.
By making an offer to buy a product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to, your debit or credit card number or credit reports, to authenticate your identity and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion.
Product pricing and details
All prices published are in British Pounds Sterling (GBP). Each product purchased is sold subject to its product description. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information, including product descriptions, appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position at the exact moment you place an order.
The images shown online are for illustration purposes only. All online download (pdf pattern) product listings are for pdf files of the pattern only – accompanying images of stitched or virtual stitched items are solely for illustration of the finished designs. Products may be shown with additional props; these are not included in the sale of a product unless otherwise specified.
Though we try to make the colours on screen as close as possible to the ones you’ll see in real life, unfortunately we cannot guarantee an exact colour match. Photographs and colours will vary depending on your screen settings and resolution.
We may have very limited stock of our items. If a product sells out during the time you have placed your order and when we try to fulfill it, we will contact you within a reasonable time frame with an alternative item or refund your money.
We reserve the right to withdraw any products from this Website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this Website. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from this Website whether or not that product has been sold.
You are entitled to cancel the contract of sale, provided you do so within 7 days after the day on which you receive the product(s), unless you have waived your cancellation rights. If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract prior to order dispatch, please contact us. If your order has already been dispatched please follow the procedure set out in our returns page.
Links to other sites
Links to third party websites located on this Website are provided for your convenience only. We have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content, and accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this Website and you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us. If you choose to link to our website in breach of this paragraph, you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission at any time.
Exclusion of liability
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this Website is correct. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on this Website. Neither English Rose or any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), shall be liable or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our website. This exclusion shall include servicing or repair costs and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We may collect the following information:
- contact and delivery information including email address;
- demographic information such as postcode;
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Supplying goods and services to you and for customer administration;
- Planning and managing English Rose’s business activities, including analysis of customers’ shopping habits, product and style preferences;
- Technical administration of the Website;
- Research to help improve our products and services;
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer;
- Letting you know about offers, news or changes to our Website that we think will be of interest to you;
- Occasionally letting you know about offers and events from other companies who we believe may interest you, by sending out the information ourselves to you directly. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so;
- To verify details of your order, delivery or payment.
If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities, we shall exceptionally do so.
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
During the checkout process you are given the opportunity to select some of the ways in which we may use your details. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the opt-in field(s) that you can complete to indicate that you want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes. Leave the relevant box unchecked or field blank if you do not agree to us using your personal information for marketing purposes.
- We work hard to ensure that our communications are interesting to you, and as far removed from ‘spam’ as possible. If for whatever reason you no longer wish to receive marketing emails, post or communications from English Rose, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or change your subscription preferences from within our marketing emails.
If you would like to revise or update the information you have provided to us, please get in touch email@example.com.